Monday, December 9, 2013

Blogmas Day 6: Holly Jolly Tag(ish)!

Welcome to Blogmas Day 6! I decided to take Sundays off, just so I can focus on chilling out and being with my family. So, today I am going to do a YouTube-style tag! This is one that a lot of beauty gurus do, though it has nothing to do with beauty- related things. I also tweaked or took out a few questions, because they either don't pertain to me, or I've already talked about them in previous Blogmas posts.
Before we start, I'm here to announce a change! It's not a big change. Or even an important one, really. I'm gonna start using different fonts and text colors to make this thing more interesting!
Okay. Let's do this thing.

Question #1: Do you have an embarrassing Christmas family picture?

Why yes. Yes I do. Here ya go:

Yeah. Wow. There are no words. I don't even know the date on this one, it doesn't matter, I can't look at it anymore.

Moving on...

Question #2: Have you ever had a white Christmas?

Never. Not once. Welcome to Alabama, it snows on Spring Break, not on Christmas Break. Silly people. 

Question #3: Where do you spend Christmas Day?

The hill. You have no idea what the hill is. I don't live in a neighborhood, but on a road with a lot of my family. The road is a hill, my immediate family lives on top the hill, my great uncle in the middle, and my mom's parents at the bottom. Christmas Day usually starts off at my house, and then we go down to my grandparents' with my mom's brother and his family. This year, though, my dad and uncle (both Firefighters) will be working, so we are just staying at my house. 

Question #4: Do you open any gifts on Christmas Eve?

Who doesn't? Just kidding, I won't judge you if you don't. But, yes. We usually open one or both of our sibling gifts on Christmas Eve right before we go to bed. I think my favorite has been the 150 pack of Crayons that my brother gave me. It's awesome. It's like a whole pyramid deal. Here, I'll just find a picture of one. 
Whaaaat?? Yeah, that's heaven. I can thank my brother for that one. 

#5: Can you name all the reindeer?

Yes! Only, now that I'm writing this, I realize that I could totally cheat and no one would know. So, you'll just have to trust me. I'm not cheating.

Dasher
Dancer
Prancer
Vixen
Comet
Cupid
Donner
Blitzen
Rudolph!

Question # 6: What do you look forward to the most for Christmas?

Sadly, I may not be able to participate in the thing I look forward to the most this year. I love going to my mom's family's Christmas Eve brunch, where we eat way too much and do Dirty Santa. Only this year, I will more than likely be working Christmas Eve. Bummer, I know.

Question # 7: Do you have a real or a fake Christmas tree?

Let's make this simple. Real trees are a fire hazard. My dad is a firefighter. We have a fake tree. 

Question # 8: Do you enjoy giving or receiving more?

I gotta say, and this is not just to make myself look good, I very much enjoy giving people gifts. The satisfaction of seeing someone's face after you give them the gift you picked out specifically for them is the greatest.

Question # 9: Where would you live to visit for the holidays?

Uh, duh, New York City. I want to see the city at Christmas SO BAD. Someone take me, please!!

Question # 10: Are you good at gift wrapping?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.

Question # 11: What's your favorite Christmas memory?

This one is not necessarily a good memory, but it's my most vivid one. I don't remember what year it was, but I went down to our burn pile with my grandfather, uncle, dad, brother, and two cousins so they could burn all the wrapping paper. We had a tree with an old treehouse next to the burn pile, and the ladder was just pieces of wood nailed to the tree to step on. This genius, completely uncoordinated child decided to climb those steps that hadn't been used in who know how long. I got about three steps in, and one of the dry rotted pieces of wood gave out. I landed flat on my back. That was the first time I'd ever had my breath knocked out of me, and, boy. That was traumatic. It hurt. I cried. I got called a chicken.I milked that fall for days. I don't know why that's the only thing I can think of when I get asked to tell a Christmas memory, but it is.

And that's it, my friends! I actually really enjoyed writing this one! I hope you did as well! And since it's a tag, I am supposed to pick other people to do it. I choose my two bloggy friends, Giann and Kelli! Check out their blogs: Noscriptmylife and Food From My Thoughts. (Kelli, I know you're a food blog, but, hey. Just this once?)

Also, I need some help coming up with topics for the rest of Blogmas! I would greatly appreciate it if you guys would request some things!

Thank you so very much for reading, lovely people! See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment